6-Month Contract with Possible Extension
Calculated Hire has an exciting opportunity at our Agriculture client located in Minneapolis. We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to support Finance Shared Services. This position will play an active role in the month-end close and financial reporting process. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical accounting skills with a strong desire to learn. The ability to prioritize, efficiently plan work activities, and be detail and results-oriented is critical to the position.
- Oversee and manage various administrative processes
- Working with third party vendors and producers/owners
- Prepare journal entries with review for accuracy and evaluate accounting classifications in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Provide customer service to business units on questions and requests
- Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month-end close process
- Ensure monthly accruals, allocations and other complex journal entries are accurate as new information is obtained
- Assist with the month-end and quarter-end close process, understanding, and utilizing the appropriate information systems and technology
- Assist in evaluating, recommending, maintaining, and monitoring appropriate internal controls and related documentation
- Assist with various projects as needed.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, create pivot tables and summarize data from multiple sources
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.