Calculated Hire is searching for a Business Analyst III for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC for a 2 year contract. This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst who has experience with screenshot or graphic applications and a basic understanding of GIS systems.
This consultant will work as part of a project team in support of UAV pilots on a large-scale Distribution Grid Data project in the Carolinas requiring the development of circuit work (flight) packages. As a Circuit Work Package Creator, primary responsibility will be to use the client’s GIS system to prepare an annotated circuit map to be used as a flight guide by UAV pilots. In addition to, coordinate with UAV pilots and other project team members, help with administrative activities, manage data and report status updates while maintaining the highest level of accuracy, safety and integrity.
Daily You Will:
- Develop circuit work packages with a high degree of quality, accuracy and completeness
- Ability to analyze and interpret maps to determine the location of distribution electrical circuits, devices and plan travel routes for UAV pilots.
- Coordinate with project team leads, foster relationship with our UAV pilot partners by ensuring packages are created in a timely manner to avoid work stoppage and/or impacts to the project schedule
- Report deficiencies and risks immediately to project manager, team lead or other identified affected parties
- Develop and implement methods to improve efficiency and quality
- Experience with screenshot or graphic applications
- Average or better understanding of GIS systems
- Basic understanding of Distribution Electrical systems and equipment
- Ability to work remotely with eventual transition to office environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
- Must be creative, energetic and a team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, Office 365
- Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
- Remote now, but office location for onsite is Uptown Charlotte, NC
- Hours: M-F 8-5PM, 0-10 hours of OT/week
- Start Date: September 2020
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.