Business Analyst III – Utilities
Location: St Petersburg FL – hybrid
Contract: Through 2024
Calculated Hire is in search of a strong Business Analyst for our fortune 150 utilities client in the St Petersburg, FL area. The candidate should be prepared to discuss a recent analysis they performed. Speak to how they framed up the problem or issue, how they went about gathering information, what tools they used, etc.
Skills needed include:
· Advanced excel skills (dealing with large volumes of data, creating/modifying pivot tables, advanced sorting, conditional formatting, advanced formulas (sumifs, index & match, etc)
· Extremely self-motivated and able to take a high-level assignment and roll up their sleeves and lean into the assignment (identify their stakeholders, gather necessary information, complete the analysis, bring it to me as their engagement manager and review it proactively, share it back with their stakeholders).
· Able to build relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders (written & verbal)
· Previous utility experience in Distribution or Supply Chain is a plus
· Previous experience in material forecasting (or forecasting in general) and working with Maximo is preferred
· Must be a team player and able to work in an environment where we are standing up a new function in the organization.
· Flexibility and adaptability is important.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
Overview of the role: Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people. Typical Functions: Utilizes available computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement. Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures. Determines most useful business solutions for the company. Recommends alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization's goals. Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems. Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems. Solicits from management symptoms of problem, formally defines the problem, breaks problem into component parts, and gathers information about each of these parts from a variety of sources. Selects the most appropriate analytical technique. Writes description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business systems.
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.