Data Scientist Sr Analyst
The Data Scientist Senior Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing and interpreting large volumes of data to improve Aftersales Supply Chain operations. Senior management rely on Data Scientists to derive insight from business data to support problem-solving and decision making. This employee will play an integral role in supporting the development of the Aftersales Supply Chain Management Data Warehouse by working with the Information System support team to design data models that meet the needs of the business.
Additional opportunities exist in designing and publishing Dashboards which deliver impactful business insights to support data-driven decision-making. This position will also offer the selected candidate the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge of the systems used to support the Aftersales Supply Chain Organization. Key business areas of focus include Inventory Management, Forecasting, Supplier Management, Logistics, Warehouse Operations, and Dealer Inventory Management.
· Design star schemas over varied sources of data which meet the business imperatives
· Design and develop ETL processes to incorporate source data into the Data Warehouse
· Design and develop Dashboards to ensure business reporting requirements are met
· Extract data, build analytical models, and perform complex data analysis
· Participate in all steps of the System Development Lifecycle process, including but not limited to documentation, testing and implementation
· Ensure code follows best practices and standards
· Participate in offered training opportunities as well as conduct self-lead training on relevant topics
· Provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to less experienced team members
· Take active lead in project management
· 5 – 7 years of experience with SQL/Relational Databases and knowledge of dimensional modeling.
· 5 – 7 years of experience with a procedural programming language, preferably VBA.
Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Math or related fields.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Experience with Star Schema/Dimensional Modeling design and implementation of ETL processes.
· Experience with designing Dashboards.
· Business Analysis/Requirements Gathering skills
· Supply Chain / Inventory Management experience
· Experience managing safety stock
· Retail Inventory Management experience
· Microsoft Access
· Microsoft VBA
· Python, R
· Experience with Kimball Group Data Warehousing techniques
· Microsoft PowerPivot/DAX Formula Language
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.