Financial Analyst II, Market Solutions Finance
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Contract w/ likely extension
Please apply if you have are highly interested and may not meet all the required/desired qualifications!
This role will have direct involvement in providing financial planning, analysis, and support for our clients strategic and growth focus areas:
(i) transforming the customer experience through Products & Services and competitive residential commercial solutions
(ii) advancing clean energy in support of regulated solar and wind renewables, battery storage investments
(iii) supporting growth opportunities in emerging areas like electrification and customer energy resiliency and carbon free energy sources.
Customer Solutions Financial Analyst II (FA2) Job Description
· This FA2 position provides an opportunity to get a unique view of the businesses outside of the normal regulated utility operations through a P&L view (at an EBIT level), in addition to the capital and O&M activities
· This role is a key contributor in the financial planning, budgeting & analysis efforts for Energy Solutions’ growth businesses. These include Customer Solutions, Regulated Renewable Generation, Distributed Energy Services, and Sales & Relationship Management organizations. This position partners with business/product managers to analyze and review business line financials in the P&L.
· Provide technical/functional expertise in working with business partners to analyze the financial performance of the various lines of business. This provides an opportunity to work with and gain an understanding of complex accounting and regulatory questions (i.e. new products and business lines, Electric vehicle (EV) orders, etc.), coordinate special projects, and assist in the establishment of new products and lines of business
· Support the month-end close process through reporting, completion of journal entries, and coordination with business support on preparation of the P&L models
· Work with the business to prepare the budget in Hyperion Planning and the Customer Solutions P&L model. Analyze budget vs actual results for O&M and Capital targets as well as revenue growth target.
In general, this position is responsible for day-to-day finance functions to support assigned Market Solutions business areas including: Products and Service offerings, and Electrification. The successful candidate will develop financial analysis/budgets/projections. The position interfaces with all levels within the business and finance organization regarding accounting, compliance, planning and business topics. This position supports all jurisdictions and will also be called upon to support regulatory proceedings. The successful candidate will also interface with several financial organizations, such as: Internal and External audit, Jurisdictional Accounting teams, Corporate Accounting Research, Asset Accounting, Risk, Rates and Regulatory, and Corporate Forecasting.
Effective communication and collaboration skills are essential for this position to build effective relationships with stakeholders and promote two-way communication with stakeholders and the finance team.
· Ensure timely and accurate analysis and reporting
· Report results through reporting, variance analysis, and projection updates
· Consolidate and roll-up financial results and analysis for executive level reporting
· Support the development of insight/tools and practices to enhance projection accuracy
· Ensure effective adherence to internal/external governance
· Ensure compliance with applicable governance requirements including but not limited to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and all company policies and internal controls
· Provide timely response to regulatory filings and rate case requests and internal/external audit requests
· Prepare monthly correcting journal entries and accruals for compliance with internal policies and adherence to GAAP
· Provide support and oversight for process to set up and monitor capital projects
· Ensure effective budget & planning process
· Complete budget and planning process including communication of budget guidance, assumptions, and calendars
· Validate budgets uploaded to correct target amounts
· Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
· Increasingly diverse or complex experience in related field in addition to degree
· Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures
· knowledge and experience with financial applications – Power Pivot, PeopleSoft, Hyperion Planning, and accounting monthly reporting
· Advanced experience using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Power Point
· Knowledge and experience using Power Plan and SAS Reporting trees
· Advanced knowledge and experience with financial applications – Power Pivot, Hyperion Planning, SAS (business rules), and Reporting trees
· Graduate degree in Accounting, Business or related fields
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification (or working toward certification)
· Six (6) plus years of increasingly diverse and complex experience in related field in addition to degree
· Prior experience supporting business planning efforts, regulatory experience, and serving in a finance role is preferred. Experience interfacing effectively with executive leadership also preferred.
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.