Project Manager – Credit Services
Employment Structure: Contract through 2021, extension likely
Calculated Hire is looking to add a Project Manager to our leading telecommunications client in Columbus, OH. This PM will sit within their Credit Services department and prior billing, credit, invoicing, and money-management experience is very helpful!
Responsible for managing the cross-functional personnel executing Credit Services Payment Services strategic initiatives (projects). Plans, manages, and monitors projects from concept through implementation. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives. Areas of responsibility may include cable and mobile payment processing, customer escalations, returned items, refunds and chargebacks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Plans, manages, and monitors projects from concept through implementation. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Meets with internal customers of an assigned project to provide status updates and reports and gather project-related feedback.
- Establishes project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet high quality standards and Leadership expectations using the appropriate tools.
- Manage the portfolio, perform analysis and make necessary adjustments and recommendations to deliver budgeted payment processing, bad debt and collection metrics
- Prepare payment type and trend analysis to drive tactical changes to decrease costs and losses
- Manage vendor productivity to control expenses and achieve payment processing metric goals
- Maintain and manage payment tactics to drive improvement in all associated Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain and analyze payment strategies to lower non-pay churn, control write-off average balance and increase debt recovery dollars collected
- Manage advanced payment processing platforms to increase effectiveness and reduce costs, manage the quality of processing and and improve the customer experience
- Conduct training and development techniques to foster a productive team environment as an effort to achieve management strategic objectives
- Conduct cross-functional strategic initiatives with field operations, billing, IT, finance, vendors and other key stakeholders
- Analyze, respond and resolve complaints from internal and external customers according to policy and standards
- Hire, evaluate, coach and counsel personnel in the performance of their duties
- Perform necessary duties as a project manager to accomplish all of the above
- Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in the area of credit, collections and customer relations including risk scores, receivable management, bad debt expense, collection expense, AR productivity, and outbound/inbound contact platforms
- Knowledge of cable television products and services for both consumer and commercial
- Knowledge of detail accounting and billing procedures including collection general ledger items and payment processing programs
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience preferably in finance or other related field.
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- Credit/Collections and Accounting experience 7-10
- Supervisory experience 2+
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.