Our Fortune 500 Real Estate Client is seeking a Real Estate Finance Paralegal to join our team who wants to work in a fast-paced environment handling complex financing and real estate development matters. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. In addition, the candidate must be detailed oriented and possess outstanding organizational skills.
- Review title, survey and zoning information on real estate assets to be financed.
- Interface with title companies, surveyors and zoning consultants to address issues that arise in the process of financing and refinancing properties.
- Work with lenders’ counsel and loan servicers on loan origination related issues.
- Prepare various real estate and financing documents; and coordinate closing signature packages.
- Prepare and deliver estoppel certificates to tenants at properties being financed. Interface with tenants regarding any comments on, or proposed changes to the estoppel certificates, and ensure their timely return.
- Assist counsel in documenting and closing unsecured financing facilities.
- Assist in the administration of certain legal compliance protocols (e.g., OFAC compliance program).
- Create and maintain hard copy and electronic files for departmental documents.
- Interface with other departments, including property management, tax, and information systems.
- Assist in administrative duties within the Legal Finance department.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be detailed oriented and have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft programs, particularly Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with title, survey and legal finance terminology.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree, but the candidate may have a paralegal certificate.
- At least three years paralegal experience with an in-house legal department or a law firm, including working on real estate financings.
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.