Senior SEO Strategist
Atlanta, GA 30339
6 Month Contract-to-Hire
The SEO Content Strategist plays a key role in increasing this Retail organization’s search engine presence by developing and executing content strategies that achieve specific earned media goals.
The SEO Content Strategist partners with the Earned Media Insights team to connect the dots between the different disciplines – merchandising, category experience, business intelligence, social media and creative – to identify, recommend, groom, and produce optimized digital content experiences for our customers.
The strategist synthesizes and analyzes multiple data inputs including SEO requirements, customer and industry research, case studies, business intelligence, and competitive analysis to develop and recommend earned media content strategies. The strategist also partners with the SEO Business Analyst to size, groom, and prioritize content opportunities based on projected ROI, business objectives, and resources. The strategist works with internal business partners and outside agencies to execute and track content initiatives as they move through the production pipeline to ensure deliverables meet THD standards, are error-free, and SEO optimized prior to publication.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2-3 years
- 2-5 years in search engine marketing including on page, off page, social and local SEO strategies
- Experience using SEO and business-related tools including Adobe Analytics, Smartsheet, Google/Bing Webmaster tools, Google Adwords, and keyword research tools
- Project management experience associated with interactive marketing and/or web projects
- Ecommerce experience
- Experience implementing white-hat earned media strategies
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Knowledge of SEO tools (BrightEdge, Google Search Console) and MS Excel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Intermediate/Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel required
- A steadfast passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Proven SEO experience and understanding
- In-depth knowledge of current and developing SEO trends
- Understanding of interactive marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles and processes
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; self-starter
- Remote interview process
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.