The Sr. Controller directs business unit financial activities by performing the following duties personally or through business unit accounting staff.
A Day in the Life:
- Assigned responsibility for large or particularly complex business unit.
- Oversees the preparation of the business unit’s financial statements and other financial and operating reports. Performs appropriate financial analysis.
- Prepares special financial and statistical reports, and analyzes unusual items or trends.
- Prepares the annual and long-range financial plan, and monthly financial forecasts.
- Provides financial oversight for cost accounting and annual standards setting processes when applicable.
- Establishes required financial controls and monitors compliance. Ensures control environment meets the standards of JSOX.
- Provides and assists in coordination with General Manager and Business Unit management team.
- Oversees product cost development and profit margin analysis.
- Provides protection and control of company assets.
- Manages working capital and maintains balance sheet integrity.
- Supervises and prepares account reconciliations.
- Approves and assists in preparing capital expenditure requests.
- Enforces compliance with Policies and Procedures and Limits of Authority.
- Trains and develops accounting staff.
- Performs special projects.
What’s in It For You:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, PTO, 401K match, support for community involvement and much more!
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
What you will Bring:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Accounting or Business degree, preferred)
- Master’s Degree a plus
- CPA preferred
- Ten or more years of related experience
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.