The Senior HRIS Analyst is a contract position within the HRIS structure. The primary focus of this position is to research, analyze, design and maintain HR information systems in support of HR administration and projects. The ideal candidate will collaborate with many areas of HR to define and understand business processes and requirements to facilitate the completion change requests and the development of test cases and test scripts for user acceptance testing. You will participate in the end-to-end testing of system changes resulting from system enhancements, new functionality and break fixes
RESPONSIBILITIES / DAY TO DAY
Business Analysis and Support
- Primary focus is on execution within defined parameters, with some expansion based on developing capabilities and or experiences, in partnership with more experienced staff.
- Opens change requests and follows HRIS Systems Change Process to drive requests to timely and accurate completion while forming a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process.
- Contributes to business process mapping and requirements gathering sessions with functional areas to determine requirements for enhancements, break/fix and new functionality
- Facilitates meetings with business stakeholders to review requirements, capture priorities, and ensure all requirements are understood and documented
- Partners with external vendors for design, development and testing of change requests.
- Participates in release preparation and testing of HR Systems updates
- Ensures proper documentation and signoff for change requests
- Understands upstream and downstream impacts of changes
User Acceptance Testing
- Engages appropriate stakeholders to translate business requirements into test cases and scripts and identify data needed for full end-to-end test execution
- Conducts review meetings with the project and business stakeholders and seek input and approval of test plans and test cases
- Executes User Acceptance Testing to meet defined execution milestones
- Documents detailed testing results and evidence, including screenshots where applicable
- Identifies and fully documents all bugs discovered during test execution and communicates details of bugs to developer for remediation
- Documents and maintains detailed user test cases, test scripts, artifacts and sign off
- Works closely with business users to execute test scripts and ensure completion, documentation and signoff.
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Day-to-day focus is on resolution of problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes
- Performs scheduled activities such as monthly vendor security access audit, weekly change request reporting, monthly report distribution audit, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years' experience with Workday back-end processes is required
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with different teams and levels
- Confident and effective communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding for the audience
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Self-starter with ability to simultaneously manage and organize multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate issues including root cause analysis.
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.