Our Fortune 500 Real Estate Client is looking for a Sr. Payroll Specialist. This role will be reporting to the Director of Payroll and plays a vital role in ensuring the accurate and timely processing of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for all employees.
This role requires an energetic individual with a strong focus on customer service, excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate must possess in-depth knowledge of common pay and benefits concepts, practices, and procedures within the payroll field. The successful candidate must also have excellent organization skills, be able to handle confidential information, and have a demonstrated track record of working individually and collaboratively with other members of the organization.
- Prepare and process weekly and biweekly payroll using Workday.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Benefits teams, when necessary, to ensure employee information is accurate.
- Runs audit reports to verify data accuracy.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Process manual checks, including the calculation of final paychecks, as required.
- Process garnishments and ensure notice compliance and proper payroll deduction setup.
- Assist employees with payroll related inquiries as needed.
- Researches, investigates and reports all problems, corrections and changes related to payroll processing, and responds to related inquiries and escalations in a timely manner.
- Monitors internal controls to verify that input and processing of all payroll data, including wages, garnishments, applicable wage taxes and other miscellaneous wage/benefit programs, calculations, and deductions meet expectations, in conjunction with best practices.
- Knowledge of unemployment claim administration via third party.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour law and compliance.
- Backup team members to cover other payrolls when required.
- Work on special projects or other duties as needed.
- Run reports when requested by sites or by other business partners.
- Continuously looks for process improvements within the department, maximizing the technology systems that are available and recommends enhancements to current practices.
- Proficiency with payroll software experience required; Workday experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable Federal, state and local payroll regulations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of payroll preparation and administration.
- Working knowledge of payroll accounting principles and general ledger structure.
- Skilled in evaluating and analyzing technical payroll activities.
- Problem solving skills, thoroughness, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be organized and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently as well as in a group environment.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to work with confidential employee information with discretion and good judgment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess a sense of urgency to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to interpret complex payroll laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Ability to collect, interpret, and/or analyze data and information.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and ensure employee understanding.
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) at all organizational levels.
- 3-5 Years multi-state in-house payroll experience with a medium to large size company
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field/work experience
- APA Certification, FPC or CPP preferred
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.