Fully Remote (Houston, TX Preferred, Not Required)
As a UX Designer, you will balance creative and innovative solutions with solid design and User Experience skills. You will work with the team to successfully translate business objectives and customer needs into innovative, customer-centric solutions.
You will deliver user-driven designs and communicate the experience to the team through journey maps and prototypes. The UX/UI Designer works with product management peers, development, and other partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance our digital experiences and products. You will do this through research, competitor analysis, formal in-person testing and interviews with customers and associates.
An ideal candidate will have a portfolio of artifacts showing their understanding of the UX Process. Design is a process of research, learning, testing, and iteration and you can show how that leads to a final deliverable. You are highly collaborative; leaning on your team and peers for constructive feedback and not afraid to share your feedback. You bring a design thinking mentality and passion for doing the right thing for the user to solve their problems and ease their friction points
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% Planning and Analysis
- Communicates with key user and product team leads to understand the business needs
- Conducts competitive analysis, usability testing — analyzing user feedback and gaining insights to enhance the user experience
60% Delivery and Execution
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to design solutions
- Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
- Creates Product Journey Maps, Mockups, Prototypes
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverable
Calculated Hire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.